August 2002 – July 2003
Role: Senior Developer
Project: Calypso implementation for securities financing STP settlement
- Implementation of the Calypso trading system for straight-through-processing of repo and securities lending trading.
- First financial institution to bring repo and security lending settlement live using Calypso.
- Active development of numerous enhancements and adjustments to Calypso.
- Development of a flexible XML-driven SWIFT message formatter.
- Design and implementation of interfaces to other systems for confirmation and registration messages, account postings, reconciliations, static data feeds, etc.
- The integration of Calypso into a very heterogenous banking infrastructure on such a tight time-scale required a rapid understanding of diverse technologies and close coordination with many units within the bank.
Hardware: VCS Clustered Sun 4500, IBM RS/6000
Operating systems: Solaris, AIX
Software: Calypso V6, Oracle 8i, Informix 9.21, Java, SQL, JDBC, XML, JMS, JNDI, Junit, MQSeries, SWIFT, OpenAdaptor, Merva, CVS